Sunday, March 1, 2015

Made it to Atlanta

Checking in from the hiker hostel in Georgia! Had no troubles with airfare -made connection and the checked bag was not lost... Win all around.

Met a lovely lady on the plane who followed me to baggage claim to see my pack. She wanted to know how I was going to carry five months of food!

Hopped on the Marta ( drew- was thinking of ya) I had some time to kill so picked up a coffee. A man in the coffee shop gave me his card and said in case I need  his help.  ( he is a chiropractor haha) I wondered across the street to REI. Obviously tempted to buy but knew I didn't need anything nor did I wish to carry it. I met a super friendly girl who leads a very similar life to myself - we must have chatted for an hour. She proceeded to introduce me to all the staff telling them about my adventure. ( REI is the perfect place to go for good old AT pump up -moral - excitement .. And jealously.

One of the guys I met on my shuttle is from Rochester NY and went to Ualbany! Small world . Lots of excitement here at the hostel as everyone is sharing stories and doubling checking gear.

I hit the trail head tomorrow! Wahoo so excited - till next time
Carpe diem

No comments:

Post a Comment