Acadia, relatively speaking is quite close to the AT. As Bryson and I have embarked upon a quest to visit all US National Parks we took a detour. Taking some time off the trail was needed, as I had a few job Skype interviews to prep for and complete. Shout out to Bryson for all of his tech help and support! (Keep your fingers crossed)
For those following me closely, you may be wondering how I will finish by the projected July 2nd date. This date was selected so that we can drive to Michigan in time to attend Bryson's family reunion. I have decided to skip a section of trail from Andover to Caratunk. This is approximately a 4 or 5 day stretch of roughly 100 miles. I keep telling myself the trail will always be there and I will still me a member of the 2,000 mile club! I will soon be entering the 100 mile wilderness section. Since no cars can access this section, I will carry in my pack and food supply for five days. I will meet up with Bryson on the fifth day before summiting Mt. Katahdin the following the day. Ahhhhh It's getting surreal and REAL!
Stay tuned for posts on the last leg
Acadia, relatively speaking is quite close to the AT. As Bryson and I have embarked upon a quest to visit all US National Parks we took a detour. Taking some time off the trail was needed, as I had a few job Skype interviews to prep for and complete. Shout out to Bryson for all of his tech help and support! (Keep your fingers crossed)
For those following me closely, you may be wondering how I will finish by the projected July 2nd date. This date was selected so that we can drive to Michigan in time to attend Bryson's family reunion. I have decided to skip a section of trail from Andover to Caratunk. This is approximately a 4 or 5 day stretch of roughly 100 miles. I keep telling myself the trail will always be there and I will still me a member of the 2,000 mile club! I will soon be entering the 100 mile wilderness section. Since no cars can access this section, I will carry in my pack and food supply for five days. I will meet up with Bryson on the fifth day before summiting Mt. Katahdin the following the day. Ahhhhh It's getting surreal and REAL!
Stay tuned for posts on the last leg


No comments:
Post a Comment